Churches and prayer networks across South Africa are calling for an urgent, nationwide time of prayer and fasting from September 22 to 24 in response to critical issues facing the nation, including gender violence and xenophobic attacks.
The prayer focus for the three days, culminating on Heritage Day, is:
- Ask Him for the nation (Psalm 2:8)
- For My Name’s sake — restoration of His glory (Ezekiel 36:22 – 36)
- Respond in love and forgiveness (1 Corinthians 13; Matthew 6:14,15 )
- Focus on the harvest (Matthew 9: 37, 38)
- Invite the Holy Spirit (Acts 2: 2-4).
Groups partnering in the call to prayer and fasting include Ifsa, Sacli, JWPIN, Vuka Africa Foundation, African Enterprise, Global Day of Prayer, Unashamedly Ethical, O Woman of God Arise, Cape Town 4 Jesus, Transformation Africa, GFWE Kingdom Nation, Christian Leaders Forum.