Naidoo targets advertisers as e.tv persists with Naked News

Despite assurances to their advertisers that they had pulled “Naked News”, e.tv broadcast the show as well as pornographic SMS adverts at the weekend, says Family Policy Institute (FPI) director Errol Naidoo.

He said that as a result of the broadcaster’s rejection of the concerns of thousands of Christians, he had launched the second phase of his campaign against porn on e.tv, by asking the station’s advertisers to withdraw their campaigns until e.tv agrees to permanently remove pornographic content from its schedule.

In a newsletter released today Naidoo says e.tv  showed Naked News as well as several pornographic SMS adverts after 1 am on Saturday July, 2. He says he is reliably informed that the channel is considering broadcasting additional episodes of Naked News.

Recently an e.tv account executive assured a disgruntled advertiser that the channel had pulled Naked News because it was contrary to their “high family values”. She said the show, in which female news readers stripped naked, had been supplied and paid for by an outside company. It had been aired by “mistake”.

Naidoo, who launched a national e.tv switch-off campaign in MAY. says: “Depending on the advertisers’ responses, FPI may have to launch a nationwide boycott of all products and services advertised on e.tv to pressure the channel into changing its policies.”

Gateway News has asked e.tv to clarify its stance on Naked News and pornographic advertisements. So far e.tv has not responded.

Comments are closed.