According to Gerrit Coetzee, CEO of Open Doors South Africa, the aim of IDOP is “to take a stand alongside the persecuted Church, and to pray that our persecuted brothers and sisters will be able to stand firm and to continue making known the mystery of the Gospel to their neighbours, in those places where faith costs the most”.
Open Doors suggest the following ways to engage during IDOP this year:
- Use the IDOP resources* (prayer cards, videos, a sermon, etc.) to be a voice for the persecuted and get your family, small group or church to pray with you.
- Download the November Prayer Force Alert and pray for the persecuted during your personal devotions time.
- Invite an Open Doors representative to come and share some testimonies on how our persecuted brothers and sisters are standing strong in the storms of persecution at your next Sunday meeting.
- Add your voice to Open Doors’ Save Syria: Church on her knees advocacy campaign and SPEAK OUT and PRAY on behalf of our Christian brothers and sisters in Syria.
- Make a conscious decision to pray for the persecuted Church whenever you stand in a queue during the month of November… Whether in a queue at the bank, post office, school, you can lift our persecuted brothers and sisters up in prayer. Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to get daily prayer updates… while you are waiting.