Covid patient left for ‘dead’ recovers after court forces hospital to allow ivermectin treatment

Sun Ng (PHOTO: LifeSite)

Originally published in Life Site News

An elderly, critically-ill Covid patient who was repeatedly denied ivermectin has made a full recovery after a court ordered the hospital to treat him with the potentially life-saving drug.

On Thanksgiving weekend, Sun Ng, a 71-year-old man who spent 22 days on a ventilator with Covid-19, was discharged from Edward Hospital in Naperville, Illinois, USA, following a successful treatment cycle of ivermectin. Despite the drug’s efficacy, the hospital had only agreed to the use of the drug after Ng’s daughter, Dr Man Kwan Ng, obtained a court order mandating their compliance.

According to a press release distributed on behalf of Mauck & Baker law firm in Chicago, the court-ordered ivermectin treatment was given to Ng for five days, November 8 through November 12, and he was discharged on November 27, having fully recovered.

“My father’s recovery is amazing,” shared Dr Man Kwan Ng in the release. “My father is a tough man. He was working so hard to survive, and of course, with God’s holding hands. He weaned off oxygen about three days after moving out of the ICU. He started oral feeding before hospital discharge. He returned home without carrying a bottle of oxygen and a feeding tube installed to his stomach. He can now stand with a walker at the bedside and practice stepping. After being sedated for a month on a ventilator in ICU, his performance is beyond our expectations. Praise the Lord.”

As previously reported by LifeSiteNews, the process of getting Ng ivermectin was not seamless, even with a court order. On Friday November 5, Judge Paul Fullerton of the Eighteenth Judicial Circuit Court in DuPage County, Illinois, had granted Dr Alan Bain access to the hospital for the purposes of administering the drug to Ng. Despite the court’s decision, the hospital refused Bain entry on the grounds that he was not vaccinated against COVID-19.

Following this, “An emergency eeport was filed with the court first thing on Monday morning, November 8, recounting the weekend’s events. After brief argument from both parties, Judge Fullerton admonished Edward Hospital’s representatives and restated that he ordered them to let Dr Bain in on Friday, and that the hospital must let Dr. Bain in.”

Subscribe to our weekly newsletter to stay up to date with God stories of Africa and beyond

DONATE — Click on the link to donate and help us to keep on publishing uplifting news that glorifies God and strengthens His people. Thank you for your support.

You are welcome to engage with our articles by making comments [in the Comments area below] that add value to a topic or to engage in thoughtful, constructive discussion with fellow readers. Comments that contain vulgar language will be removed. Hostile, demeaning, disrespectful, propagandistic comments may also be moved. This is a Christian website and if you wish to vent against Christian beliefs you have probably come to the wrong place and your comments may be removed. Ongoing debates and repetitiveness will not be tolerated. You will also disqualify yourself from commenting if you engage in trolling.

One Comment

  1. The mercy of God.