Everybody is invited to attend an online “courageous conversation” next Thursday (December 10) in which Christian leaders will address some of the tough topics which typically divide South Africans into opposing camps.
You can register to participate in the 7pm to 8.30pm Zoom webinar titled “Lessons learned from Senekal and Brackenfell High School” by clicking here, or you can watch it live on the Reconcile SA Facebook Page.
Next Thursday’s webinar is part of a series of courageous conversations on race relations facilitated by SACLI (South African Christian Leadership Institute) and takes place six days ahead of the Day of Reconciliation on December 16.
Conversation topics include:
- Addressing the existential crisis we face as a nation.
- Land reform in South Africa and the role of the church in facilitating reconciliation
- How do we bring about meaningful racial reconciliation in South Africa?
- How to get youth invested in starting a constructive dialogue about race in South Africa.
- Breaking down walls and mindsets caused by apartheid requires intentionality from White South Africans.
And speakers include Dr Mamphela Ramphele, Robert Ntuli and Anneke Rabie.