Nelson Mandela Bay prayer warriors will be interceding at Van Stadens Bridge on Saturday morning (November 24) and at seven ‘gates’ to the metro on Saturday afternoon.
The all-out prayer warfare campaign began with a call to pray against the spirit of death at Van Stadens Bridge where 84 people have jumped to their death since 1971. Local intercessors subsequently decided to add a “Prayer at the Gates of Nelson Mandela Bay” event to the programme.
Participants in the Van Stadens Bridge event will meet at 07h00 at Hunter’s Retreat Hotel on Old Cape Road, from where they will be taken by bus to the prayer location in the Van Stadens Wildflower Reserve adjacent to the bridge, says event coordinator, Pastor Geert Jansingh. He can be contacted at 084 919 3016.
The intercession at the ‘gates’ of the metro will take place from 15h00, says Transformation Christian Network payer coordinator, Pastor Joan Keeling.
“I would call on you again to stand with us, as we once again intercede at the gates of our metro. The enemy would seek to enter, but we are trusting God to raise up a standard against him. (Isaiah 59:19),” she says.
The prayer “gates” that will be covered are:
1. The Graaff Reinet/ Rocklands Roads, Uitenhage (Pierre van Wyk – 0833703592)
2. Despatch-Addo Entrance (Pastor Vossie – 0822154852)
3. Coega/BluewaterBay (Pastor Harry Potgieter -0827791491)
4. Motherwell – (Pastor Normah Msizi – 0744614532)
5. Market Square/Railway/Bus Stations -(Laverne Gadiah -0795037225)
6. Harbour from the pier (Pastor Mark Upman -0837474767)
7. Airport (Richard Oyin-Adeniji – 0763182497)
“If you would like to join us in prayer at any particular gate, please contact the team leader at that gate. That person will indicate to you the exact place where the prayer will take place,” says Keeling.