Originally published in Christian Headlines
Pat Barrett’s song Build My Life and Hillsong Worship’s What a Beautiful Name were the most popular worship songs within churches in 2019, while Sinach’s Waymaker could make the list for 2020, according to a new report.
Faithlife Proclaim, a church presentation software from Faithlife, released data Wednesday showing the most popular worship songs of 2019 from the users of the software.
The 10 most-sung worship songs of 2019 were, in order:
- Build My Life, Pat Barrett
- What A Beautiful Name, Hillsong Worship
- This is Amazing Grace, Phil Wickham
- 10,000 Reasons (Bless the Lord), Matt Redman
- Great Are You Lord, All Sons & Daughters
- Who You Say I Am, Hillsong Worship
- How Great is Our God, Chris Tomlin
- Good, Good Father, Chris Tomlin
- In Christ Alone, Stuart Townend, Brian Getty, Kristian Stanfill, Passion
- Living Hope, Phil Wickham
“While Faithlife Proclaim’s assets are vast, one of its most fascinating features to me is how it tracks this data of worship music in real-time,” said Faithlife CEO and founder Bob Pritchett. “It’s enriching to be able to witness similarities and differences in worship preferences between all types of churches, as it serves a reminder that no matter which songs or artists we prefer to sing, we are all one in Christ Jesus.”
The data also revealed that more than half of the Top 10 songs were written prior to 2019 – the oldest song on the list (In Christ Alone) was released in 2002. Additionally, the data showed that 10 000 Reasons, the most popular song of 2015 and 2017, made the Top 10 for its fifth year in a row – only 21 totals songs have appeared in the Top 10 list in the past five years.
Faithlife also studied data from January 2020 and predicts four new songs could make the list in 2020: Waymaker by Sinach; His Mercy Is More by Matt Papa; Yes I Will by Vertical Worship; and Nothing Else by Cody Carnes.