By Global Leadership Network
If you’ve been to The Global Leadership Summit before, Craig Groeschel is a very recognisable name, having been in the GLS premier faculty lineup seven times, with this year being his 8th!
Officially appointed as a champion of the GLS in 2019 he has partnered with the Global Leadership network in travelling the world to build leaders in every sector. He will be inspiring delegates at in-person GLS gatherings across South Africa and online GLS events in October and November.
Globally recognised as a leader of leaders, Craig is the founder and senior pastor of Life.Church, rated the #1 place to work in the US in 2020 for small and mid-size companies by Glassdoor. Known for their missional approach to leveraging the latest technology, Life.Church is the innovative creator of the YouVersion Bible App — downloaded in every country worldwide.
Highlighting his church’s ability to pivot and embrace opportunity in the face of the unexpected, in 2020, Life.Church provided and continues to provide free tools, via their Church Online Platform, to thousands of churches who quickly transitioned to a virtual church experience in the wake of the global health pandemic.
There is so much to learn from Groeschel, especially on how to change your mindset, embrace opportunity and lead through difficult seasons.
The countless nuggets of leadership wisdom he’s shared over the years have helped shape organisations, churches and individuals for the better.
Here are 25 top leadership quotes from Craig Groeschel:
- People would rather follow a leader that is real than one that is always right.
- When you delegate tasks, you create followers. When you delegate authority, you create leaders.
- Most leaders are trying to figure out the right strategy. The best leaders are obsessed with empowering the right people.
- As leaders, we may teach what we know, but we reproduce who we are!
- Unity is not the same as conformity. We have strength in our diversity.
- Your life is too valuable, your calling too great, and your God too awesome to waste your life on what doesn’t matter.
- You can have control or you have growth, but you cannot have both.
- Talent can get you to the top. Only character will keep you there.
- Don’t try to copy what people do, learn how they think.
- As followers of Jesus, we don’t just go to church, we are the Church.
- The decisions you make today will determine the stories you tell tomorrow.
- The strength of the organisation is reflected by how deep into the organisation people have the ability to say yes.
- You may be one relationship away from changing the course of your destiny.
- The difference between a good leader and a great leader is one who learns to anticipate rather than react.
- Respect is earned but honour is given.
- You are not who others say you are. You are who God says you are.
- If your character is not strengthening, your future is weakening.
- How bad you want something determines what you will do to get it.
- If prayer isn’t necessary to accomplish your plans, you aren’t thinking big enough.
- How you live reflects the reality of what you really believe.
- Don’t let your “self-talk” talk you out of what God has called you to do.
- When the leader lacks confidence, the team lacks commitment.
- The path to public success is always paved with private discipline.
- One of the greatest enemies of confidence is comparison.
- God didn’t call me to be important, He called me to be faithful.
You can register for the in-person or online event of your choice at https://globalleadership.org.za/
Subscribe to our weekly newsletter to stay up to date with God stories of Africa and beyond
DONATE — Thanks for reading Gateway News. Your financial support can help us to keep on reaching people with uplifting news that glorifies God and strengthens His people
You are welcome to engage with our articles by making comments [in the Comments area below] that add value to a topic or to engage in thoughtful, constructive discussion with fellow readers. Comments that contain vulgar language will be removed. Hostile, demeaning, disrespectful, propagandistic comments may also be moved. This is a Christian website and if you wish to vent against Christian beliefs you have probably come to the wrong place and your comments may be removed. Ongoing debates and repetitiveness will not be tolerated. You will also disqualify yourself from commenting if you engage in trolling.