Over 100 million Christians worldwide suffer interrogation, arrest and even death for their faith, with millions more facing discrimination and alienation for the sake of the Gospel of Jesus Christ.
Open Doors is committed to working in 60 countries around the world which are oppressive toward Christians, strengthening our brothers and sisters in Christ to stand strong in the face of persecution and equipping them to shine Christ’s light in these dark places. We aim to activate people to intercede for the persecuted through prayer. We also provide Bibles and literature, media, leadership training and socio-economic development to persecuted Christians.
Furthermore we educate and mobilise the Body of Christ living in the free world, to identify with threatened and persecuted believers and to be actively involved in assisting them.
How you can take action
- Pray for the persecuted (Download or subscribe to our free monthly prayer calendar.)
- Travel with Open Doors to encourage the persecuted believers around the world
- Join Open Doors as a volunteer
- Participate in any of our writing campaigns to persecuted believers
- Give financially to provide tangible support to our persecuted brothers and sisters.
Head office: 011 888 9341